Friday, March 14, 2008

My New Position

I was recently appointed Associate Director of the Asperger's Association of New England. I feel very welcomed by the AANE “family” and would like you to get to know me a bit. I am an Antioch Autism Spectrum Disorders Program graduate from the class of 2005 and recently was a consultant for schools and families concerning children with AS and other similar disorders. My background is in education, for over 20 years I was a classroom teacher as well as an environmental educator. For almost 3 years I have run a support group for parents in the North Conway NH area close to where I live. I have been very active in my community where I have been involved with my local High School’s Equity Committee, the Northern NH Autism Task Force, Valley Outreach - which is a coalition of agencies and consultants working to improve the lives of families, and NH Connections. I have enjoyed my 28 years of living and working in the Mt. Washington Valley but it is time to move on. My husband and I have recently purchased a house in Portsmouth NH which is commuting distance for both of us.
As AssociateDirector I will focus on chapter development, conference planning, chapter support group guidance, as well as helping with the day to day operations. I recently returned to school at Antioch where I applied my graduate credits I earned from the ASD Certificate program towards a Masters in education. In my free time I enjoy baking, gardening, walking my dogs, and spending time with family. I have twin boys who are freshmen in college who are very excited and happy for me in my new role at AANE.
Please feel free to stop by to meet me or give me a call to say hello. I look forward to all I can do to help AANE grow and meet the needs of families and professionals in the New England region.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I appreciate for bringing in your story, which really boosted my confidence.I feel hard work can achieve every thing we deserve to !!


Social Skills Questionnaire